Friday, March 18, 2011

Unibroue Blanche de Chambly

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 12/20

12 ounce bottle. Pours hazy amber color with a fairly foamy 2 finger white head with decent retention that reduces to a lacing cap. Aromas of wheat, coriander, citrus, and spicy yeast. Taste of spice, coriander, wheat, and orange/lemon peel. The finish is extremely dry, and I could not even tell what the initial flavors were at first. The flavors seem like they would be a good combo, but since the finish is so dry, there isn’t much to taste. No alcohol detected as I expected. Medium carbonation and body. Overall, the aromas and appearance are quite inviting, but the extremely dry finish makes it seem lacking in those the flavor and mouthfeel. It is still drinkable and smooth however. Decent.

I may try it again in 750 if I see it again. I may have gotten a bad bottle, who knows how old it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment