Monday, March 14, 2011

Three Floyds Gumballhead

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.1/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20

12 ounce bottle. Pours hazy golden amber color with a sticky 2 finger white head with very good retention, and some nice glass lacing. Aromas of pine, citrus, grapefruit, and a bit of wheat. Taste of tons of grapefruit, with some pine, wheat, and bread. Lots of citrus fruit flavors in this. Some light hop bitterness on the finish that lingers for a bit, but the beer is mostly malt forward. It has a fairly dry finish. No alcohol noticed at all as I expected at 5.5%. Very smooth drinking, and goes down easily, very refreshing. Medium carbonation and body. I am still quite a newbie when it comes to wheat ales, but this one is highly enjoyable, and I would definitely have this again. Excellent.

Once again Three Floyds makes yet another tasty beer. I believe this is the last one I have though. If I ever make it back to Indiana, I will be getting some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment