Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Häagen-Dazs Cookies & Cream

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What we have here is vanilla ice cream with dark chocolate wafer cookies(they look a lot like Oreo wafers). The vanilla ice cream is smooth and creamy, as I expected, with very strong notes of vanilla flavor. Texture of the ice cream is also quite good, but I have had better. The chocolate wafers are very chewy and impart a fair amount of chocolate flavor to the pint. The wafer cookies are thoroughly spread through the pint, and are about the size of my thumbnail, so I'd say that is pretty good. It is a pretty simplistic flavor, but still quite delicious and well balanced with the flavors. I was hoping for some kind of creamy swirl, but did not get it. I may have to revisit the BnJ's version again and see how it stacks up, because I really don't remember too well. It is really hard for me to rate Haagen Dazs low because I am almost always blown away by what they produce.

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment