Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hoppin Frog Fresh Frog Raw Hop Imperial Pale Ale

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.2/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20

22 ounce bottle. Pours slightly hazy orange-amber color with a frothy 2 finger off white head with fantastic retention that reduces to a lacing cap that leaves some very nice lacing. Aromas of caramel, grapefruit, floral, and some pine and spice. Taste of a ton of grapefruit, caramel, and pine. Sweet up front with the caramel and grapefruit flavors, finishes off very nicely with a bitterness of citrus and pine. The bitterness fades in after the finish and lingers for a bit. Very well balanced with the amount of bitterness and sweetness present. Alcohol is well hidden, only some slight warming noticed after the finish. Has a medium-full body with medium carbonation. Overall this is incredibly delicious, and the taste actually reminds me of some of my favorite Double IPAs. Excellent! I will be having this again in the future.

It was sitting in my fridge for a few months, and I just now got it out, and it tastes amazing despite not being completely fresh. Hoppin Frog just does a fantastic job at putting out great examples of every style(that they have done so far). I might have to make the rounds to some of the ones I first reviewed again soon. I only have a few more to try and I will have tried the entire lineup that is not retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment