Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dogfish Head Raison D'Extra

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.9/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20

12 ounce bottle into snifter. Pours clear dark red-brown color with a small foamy head with poor retention, and hardly any head shows up when swirled in my snifter. Aromas of raisins, caramel, molasses, toffee, and alcohol. Taste of a lot of raisins, caramel, molasses, and toffee, surprisingly well hidden alcohol on tasting, with only a large warming on the finish. Bourbon notes resonate after the finish with some sweetness from the raisins and molasses. Full body and fairly low carbonation. Overall this has a ton of flavor and is fairly smooth for it’s ABV level. Tasty.

I kind of want to try Raison D'Etre again, though this really isn't my favorite style, it is still tasty. I also forgot to check the bottle date, but I am pretty sure it was bottled in 2007, because of all of the 2007 Avery's I got as well. I need to try one with more age on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment