Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bear Republic Red Rocket Ale

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 17/20

22 ounce bottle. Pours clear dark red color with a 2 finger light tan head with very good retention that reduces to a thick cap that leaves some very nice lacing. Aromas of caramel, pine, citrus, molasses, and toffee. Taste of caramel, citrus, pine, and toasty malt. Bitterness shows up after the finish, and lingers with the citrus, pine, and toasted flavors. Really creamy mouthfeel that goes down extremely smoothly, and is extremely enjoyable to drink. Well balanced with malty flavors and bitterness pretty much perfectly balanced, one does not overpower the other. Medium-full body with medium carbonation. No alcohol presence noticed. Overall, this is extremely delicious, and another great brew by Bear Republic. I will be having this again for sure.

I was blown away by how delicious this was as I had hoped. Everything I have had from Bear Republic has been excellent. I still have a few more of their brews waiting for me as well. Will definitely pick up a 6 pack if given the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment