Saturday, April 9, 2011

Founders Porter

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.4/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 18/20

12 ounce bottle. Pours very dark brown color with a 2.5 finger dense tan head with incredible retention, with some very nice lacing on the glass. Aromas of chocolate, coffee, roasted malt, caramel, and some light citrus notes. The aromas are quite strong and inviting. Taste of strong coffee and dark chocolate; with roasted flavors, light caramel, and some smoke. There is a quite prominent bitterness that is present on the finish that lingers with chocolate and roasted flavors. The overall balance is fantastic between the sweetness and the bitterness. Incredibly smooth and creamy mouthfeel, medium carbonation and medium-full bodied. No alcohol presence detected at all other than a small warming after the finish. I have been seeking this out for a while, and I finally found it in 6 packs so I had to take the plunge for the whole pack. It is well worth the price for all 6, because this is outstanding, and so delicious.

As if I could get tired of drinking anything from Founders. I really could never find these in singles, so I just went ahead and bought a six pack, because I asked a local store owner to order it a couple months back. Plus I pretty much knew I would love it anyways, even though I had never had it previously. I think I will keep at least one six pack around at all times of a good beer that I really enjoy to session along side my rated beers. When the six pack runs out I will decide which six pack to get after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment