Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.1/5

AROMA
9/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20

750 ml bottle into tulip, first beer I have ever had to cork with a corkscrew! Bottled June 3 2009. Pours clear amber color with a foamy 2 finger off white head with decent retention. Some decent lacing is on the glass, with a decent ring of lacing as well. Aromas of sour apple, grape, and lemon; with some hay and a lot of funk. Interesting and strong aromas. Taste of sharp tart and sour notes on the front with lemon, grape, and apple. Very acidic up front with a small amount of spiciness. Fairly dry finish, but there is some tart and sour notes that linger for a short period on the finish. Medium carbonation and light-medium body. No alcohol in the taste or finish. Overall, I definitely enjoyed this one. I wasn’t sure how much sourness to expect, but it was stronger than I was expecting. Also my first gueuze. Excellent stuff though.

Very enjoyable for being my first Gueuze, cant wait to try out some others in the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment