Monday, June 27, 2011

Two Brothers Bare Tree 2010 Weiss Wine

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.4/5

AROMA
9/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 18/20

375 ml bottle into snifter, 2010 version, gusher bottle, the cork blew off after I uncaged it. Pours extremely cloudy reddish orange color with a huge 3 finger fairly dense off white head with great retention that reduces to a fairly thick lacing cap that lasts. Some decent lacing is left on the glass as well. Aromas of huge banana, apricot, and clove notes, with a bit of spice, caramel, and oak in the background. Nice strong and interesting aromas. Taste of huge banana, apricot, clove, and wheat; that leads to a decent amount of caramel sweetness, and finishes with some honey, oak, and a bit of spice. Lots of complex flavors going on here, with great balance. No decent amount of bitterness was noted. Alcohol is expertly hidden for 11.3%, none in the taste and a very slight warming well after the finish. Medium carbonation and medium-full bodied. Very smooth drinking, but still quite a sipper. Overall, this is just an absolutely outstanding wheatwine, I would definitely have it again.

Wow, this was fantastic. I have always been a bit shy of wheat beers. I always thought I was not a fan of them due to some that I have tried before. This really shows that I could get into the style, if I find the right ones to try. I still have a Smutty Wheatwine to try soon, so hopefully that turns out great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment