Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Häagen-Dazs Green Tea

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is one of the Haagen Dazs flavors I have been seeking out, but didn't see in Ohio. When I went to NYC it was basically everywhere. It is one of the simplistic flavors from them, only containing: cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, and Japanese Matcha green tea. As expected, the ice cream texture was absolutely perfect. Very creamy and smooth as usual Haagen Dazs flavors turn out to be. I know this is supposed to be green tea, but it was definitely quite odd to have in ice cream in my opinion. I would say they definitely nailed what they were going for though. The initial flavor was very herbal as I should have expected, but did not know what to expect haha. This herbal flavor is followed by sweet cream flavors on the finish. Quite an enjoyable pint, but a little odd in my opinion. Overall, they definitely nailed what they were going for, but I will stick to cups of green tea in the future. It was nice to try though, and is worth a shot if you like green tea.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment