Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dogfish Head Festina Peche

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.4/5

AROMA
7/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 14/20

12 ounce bottle, bottled 2011. Pours slightly hazy bright golden amber color with a foamy 1 finger white head with poor retention, that reduces to almost nothing. A ton of carbonation nucleation from the bottom of the glass. Aromas of peach, citrus, funk, and sourness. Pretty interesting aromas, but pretty muted as well. Taste of peach, tart apple, breadiness, and maybe a bit of spices. Super dry finish, nothing lingering at all. No alcohol noticed at all, as I would have expected. Light body with medium-high carbonation. Super smooth and easy to drink, very refreshing. Overall, this is certainly interesting, and my first Berliner weissbier. I would have this again on a hot day in the sun, this is extremely refreshing.

Decent beer, and definitely super refreshing. My first Berliner Weiss, so I wasn't sure what to expect from it. I will see how the Bruery Hottenroth goes, because I am sure they will nail it for the style.

No comments:

Post a Comment