Friday, October 15, 2010

Hoppin Frog DORIS The Destroyer Double Imperial Stout

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.4/5

AROMA
9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20

22 ounce bottle. Motor oil pour with a small tan lacing for a head that recedes quickly. Aromas of rich roasted malt and huge amounts of dark chocolate, vanilla, caramel, with a small bit of alcohol. Taste is of dark chocolate with coffee. Sweeter on the front, slightly bitter on the finish. One of the fullest bodied beers I have ever had. Low carbonation but it fits well. A small bit of alcohol burning with the finish, but well hidden overall. Very creamy and delicious. I like this one a lot, if only it was more widely available. I only know of one place to get it.

I found this one at West Point Market. It will only be there when it is in season though, because I went back last week and there was none left.

No comments:

Post a Comment