Friday, November 18, 2011

Voodoo Wynonas Big Brown Ale

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.2/5

AROMA
5/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 2/5 OVERALL 13/20


22 ounce bottle into snifter, no bottle date. I got a gusher. Pours crystal clear dark brown color with a nice dense 2-3 fingers of light tan head with great retention that reduces to a fairly thick lacing cap that lasts forever. Some nice lacing clings around the glass as well. Aromas of roasted malt, caramel, bread, apple skin, light dark fruit, chocolate, and some molasses. I think it is safe to say my bottle might be a bit infected. The apple skin aroma just throws everything off. Taste quite a bit better: big caramel, toasted malt, biscuit, chocolate, bitter coffee, molasses, nuttiness, and spiciness. Fair amount of bitterness on the finish; with lingering notes of caramel, chocolate, molasses, bread, nuttiness, and spices. Nice balance of flavor and bitterness. A bit of a metallic flavor is present as well. Medium bodied with big full carbonation; with a fairly creamy mouthfeel with big prickly carbonation. Overall for probably being infected, this is an ok brown ale. I will definitely give it another shot sometime, the bomber is only 6 bucks.

I was debating whether I should actually review it or not after it gushed and the aromas were big on apples. When I tasted, it was quite good with minimal infected qualities. They are priced pretty well at $5.99. I think it would probably be B/B+ range if it wasn't infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment