Saturday, October 1, 2011

Founders Centennial IPA

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 18/20

12 ounce bottle, bottled 08/29/11, so some pretty fresh stuff. Pours hazy golden amber color with 2 fingers of a fairly dense and creamy light khaki head with great retention that reduces to a thin lacing cap that lasts. A good amount of nice lacing clinging to the glass as well. Aromas of big orange, pine, spice, caramel, grapefruit, and a bit of grass. Excellent aromas here as expected. Taste of tons of pine, orange, grapefruit, caramel, and spices. Nice amount of bitterness on the finish, with lingering notes of citrus, pine, and spices. Fantastic balance of bitterness and sweetness. Medium carbonation and body, with a bit of a creamy mouthfeel. No alcohol noticed other than a small warming after the finish. Overall an outstanding IPA that is super smooth and full of well balanced flavor.

Yet another re-rate for me as of recently. Founders still wins with me. And now that I live in MI, I am going to have to make a stroll out to Grand Rapids for a beer weekend of HopCat and Founders plus more. A 2 hour drive that will be worth it. Another note I will add, is I picked up a 2 week old 6 pack of this at the Meijer 2 minutes from my apartment. They have a nice selection of quick 6 packs for when I am in the mood for a local brew that will be fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment