Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jolly Pumpkin La Roja

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.1/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20

750 ml bottle. Pours hazy red orange color with a 1 finger thick off white head with very good retention that reduces to a lacing cap that leaves good lacing on the glass. Aromas of sour fruits, spices, grapes, cherries, and oak. Taste is sour cherries, apples, and some citrus with spices. Tart flavors on the front and a nice sour finish that lasts for a bit, and the flavor envelopes my taste buds. Medium body and carbonation. Wow, I have never have had a sour ale before, but after getting used to the style through the drink, I have thoroughly enjoyed this, and will seek out more JP in the future.

My first sour ale, and it was a great experience. I really want to seek out the Russian River sours though. I have heard they are the best available. Oh and this bottle had an accident because it fell out of my fridge, which forced me to drink it, but it still tasted amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment