Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Boulder Beer Mojo Risin

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.9/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20

22 ounce bottle. Pours clear amber color with a 2 finger dense off white head with amazing retention. Aromas of citrus, pine, caramel, and floral. Taste matches the nose, everything I look for in a good IPA (DIPA in this case). Pretty standard stuff here, I enjoy the original Mojo as well and this is really tasty and enjoyable. There is a long finish on this, it starts out with a maltiness and fades into a bitterness that lasts on the palate. The bitterness is not as brutal as other DIPAs I have had though. Seems a bit more malt forward than most. Full bodied and medium to light carbonation. Very well hidden alcohol content. I will admit that there are definitely better DIPAs out there, but this one does not disappoint.

Another tasty beer from Boulder. I will get around to the regular Mojo eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment