Monday, January 2, 2012

Delirium Nocturnum

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.5/5

AROMA
9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 18/20

750 ml bottle into globe glass, Feb 2011 bottling notched on the back label. Pours dark reddish brown color with a nice 2 finger dense khaki head with fantastic retention that reduces to a thick cap that lasts. Some good lacing on the glass as well, beautiful. Aromas of raisin, molasses, chocolate, caramel, plum, apple, and light spice. Nice and well balanced aromas here with good strength. Taste of big caramel, molasses, raisin, chocolate, apple, plum, and spicy yeast. Lingering notes of caramel, chocolate, dark fruit, and molasses on the finish for a bit. Medium carbonation and body; with a fairly creamy and smooth mouthfeel that drinks quite easily for being 8.5%. No alcohol noticed other than a slight warming on the finish. Overall this is an incredible Belgian dark ale, and definitely one of the best I have ever had. My palate has changed a lot since the last time I had it.

Incredible stuff here. My love for Belgian styles has definitely increased ten fold since the last time I had this one.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this would be rated higher. I've got one waiting in the fridge

    ReplyDelete