Thursday, September 29, 2011

Häagen-Dazs Wilberry Frozen Yogurt

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have been waiting to try the new froyo Haagen Dazs flavors since I hear about them. Luckily when I moved, it turns out my local Meijer keeps them stocked. Glad I chose this one first. It is frozen yogurt blended with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberry puree. As I would have expected there is 100% all natural ingredients used in this pint, no odd chemicals to thicken the texture or anything. First off, the base froyo is absolutely fantastic. It gives a pretty creamy and smooth flavor, which hides behind a rich mixture of big berry flavor. Everything from the sweetness of strawberry to the tartness of raspberry and blackberry is present here. My first scoop revealed a big chunk of frozen strawberry which was a very nice surprise. There is actually plenty of all of the berries nicely packed into this pint without being overwhelming at all. The berries add a bit of a crunchy texture to the pint as well, as is normal with fresh raspberries and blackberries. The balance of each berry flavor in the pint is perfect. They blend together as one pretty much. Overall, this is one of the best froyo's you will ever have. I really am wondering what chocolate almond will be like.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment