Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Graeter's Coconut Chocolate Chip

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a brand I have always been wondering about. I have always seen them in many different supermarkets around me including Walmart. I just moved up to Michigan last week, and I saw them in Meijer and Krogers all over, so I finally picked a pint up to try out. This is basically just coconut ice cream with chocolate chips. First off the ice cream texture is very nice stuff, there is an insane amount of real coconut flakes throughout the pint which gives it a distinct texture, and of course huge coconut flavor. The flavor is also insanely creamy as well, which balances out great with the coconut pieces. The chocolate "chips" are made out of semi sweet chocolate and are incredibly well sized, while also being quite moist and slightly chewy. Not the rocks I was expecting to get like most ice cream pints. So that texture is definitely something new to me for being chocolate chips. The chocolate chips have a unique flavor as expected from semi-sweet chocolate, but is also very creamy and balances out great with the other flavors. There are also an incredible amount of the chips spread through the pint. Overall this is definitely a phenomenal ice cream flavor, and I can only hope to expect from some other flavors in the future. They are available at Kroger, Meijer, and Walmart from what I have seen so far. A little more expensive then your typical BnJ or HD, but the quality certainly shows itself.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment