Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Häagen-Dazs Blueberry Crumble

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here is a flavor that I have been putting off for far too long. I have had it for quite some time now. It has blueberry ice cream with buttery cobbler pieces. As I opened the pint, I noticed that it had melted a bit, and was all pushed to the side. Good thing the HD ice creams are all covered with plastic after packaging. Unfortunately, there were still ice crystals on top, and the ice creams overall texture had suffered. The blueberry ice cream is solid, and there are quite a few whole blueberries spread throughout the pint. Very creamy flavor while also having a huge amount of blueberry flavor. The cobbler pieces are very much lacking in this pint however. I was hoping for much more, kind of like the BnJs blueberry cheesecake. The chunks aren't sized well either. The texture of the ice cream got better the more it softened up, but the refreezing damage had already been done. Overall it was still quite an enjoyable pint, but I would have liked to have seen more cobbler. Good thing these are still widely available, maybe I will give it another shot with fresh pint that is not freezer burned.

7/10

5 comments:

  1. Love the blog!
    How often do you down a pint of ice cream?
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I usually have 1 a week, sometimes 2. I track calorie intake so no worries here haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, was thinking you did. Just an interesting question though (to me at least). I´ve done more than that amount sometimes, but as long as you track :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do u eat a whole pint at once, or threw out the week?

    ReplyDelete
  5. all at once, making room in my calories for that individual day.

    ReplyDelete