Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Southampton Saison Deluxe

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.1/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20

750 ml bottle into wine glass, bottled 8/15/2010. Pours hazy golden amber color with a fairly dense 2 finger white head with great retention that reduces to a lacing cap that lasts. Some nice lacing sticks to the glass as well. Aromas of lemon, grass, pepper, spices; with a bit of sour apple, and funk. Standard saison aromas here, nice stuff. Taste of pepper, lemon, spices, and some breadiness as well. Some lingering notes of lemon, spice, bread, and a bit of tartness in the back. Medium carbonation and medium bodied. No alcohol noticed in the taste or finish. Nice smooth drinkability as well, with a great mouthfeel. Overall, an excellent saison from Southampton. Very drinkable and delicious stuff.

My first Southampton brew, and my last one in a while. I am going to have to get some trades going. I saw a few other ones while I was in NYC, but I was concerned with other brews, and could not haul that much haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment