Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dogfish Head Fort

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2.1/5

AROMA
6/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 3/10 PALATE 1/5 OVERALL 8/20

750 ml bottle into wine glass, bottled in 2008. Pours extremely hazy red orange color with a foamy 1 finger off white head with poor retention that reduces to almost nothing. Aromas of strong raspberries, booze, and some tartness and big sweetness. The nose isn’t particularly inviting, but is alright. Taste of huge booze up front with some raspberries, malty sweetness, and some spiciness. Lingering notes of sweetness and booze on the finish. Big alcohol in the taste and a huge warming on the finish. This is pretty much undrinkable, way too much alcohol presence. Big syrupy mouthfeel with light-medium carbonation. This was just not good at all, my first drain pour. I could not see myself finishing this bottle.

I have a feeling that temperature was not kind to this one, seeing as it was bottled in 2008. The store I purchased it in was not temperature controlled. I may or may not revisit this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment