Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Bruery 2 Turtle Doves

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.2/5

AROMA
9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20

750 ml bottle into goblet. Pours deep dark brown color with a 1 finger tan head with great retention, that reduces to a lacing cap that lasts. Thick lacing clings to the glass as well. Aromas of huge dark chocolate, toffee, molasses, caramel, dark fruits, roasted malt, and nuttiness. Slight bit of alcohol in there, but not too noticeable. Wow, fantastic aromas here, tons of complexity going on Taste of huge caramel, toffee, chocolate, dark fruits, roasted malts, molasses, nuttiness, and a bit of booze in the back. There are lingering notes of big caramel, chocolate, and molasses after the finish for a decent amount of time. Decent amount of alcohol warming after the finish, with a small amount in the taste as well. Medium carbonation and fairly full bodied. Fairly smooth drinkability for 12%, but definitely something I am taking my time on to finish. Best enjoyed very slowly because the alcohol and sweetness gets a bit cloying. Overall, this is an excellent Belgian Strong Dark ale, plenty of great complexity and huge flavor and fairly smooth drinking.

Some excellent stuff from The Bruery as I was hoping. Glad I got to have it, because I didn't think I ever would. Luckily I found it in a store when I was in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment