Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rogue Chocolate Stout

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4/5
AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 17/20

22 ounce bottle poured into Rogue pint glass. Pours opaque black with a nice 2 finger head that does not recede much at all. Very nice lacing on the glass. When I initially poured it I actually got a giant head and had to wait to pour to the rim. Nice dark chocolate and roasted malts on the nose. Taste is much of the same, very good chocolate flavor. The finish is pretty good with very slight lingering bitterness. Pretty well balanced. I will be picking this up again for sure.

Overall a very good beer, not mind blowing, but I will have to give this one another go and get some second thoughts. Also fairly easy to find. I found the rogue pint glass at Cost Plus World Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment