Friday, September 24, 2010

Rochefort Trappistes 10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.5/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 10/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 18/20

11.2 ounce bottle. Pours dark opaque brown with a very small head. This was almost a gusher when I opened it but it wasn’t that bad. The beer is still all there. But from what I saw it would have a very frothy white head. Aromas of molasses, caramel, some spices, and alcohol. Quite complex scents. Taste is unbelievable strong caramel in the front with molasses. Definitely more flavors I am not recognizing, nicely complex balance. Carbonation is perfect too, not too much, not too little. Even with alcohol on the nose, it is hidden well on tasting. Nothing much lingering on the aftertaste though. Outstanding.

The establishment where I purchased this beer from gives me hints that it has probably been sitting for a long time(Orval Belgian ale on the shelves bottled in 2006) but regardless, this beer definitely ages well. I have gotten a few beers that were gushers, but were caused by carbonation buildup, and not bacterial infection, so the taste was still great. This beer is completely amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment