Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Duvel

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.9/5
AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20

750 mL bottle. Pours clear yellow with a really nice sized white head. Pilsner malt aroma, with some spicy hops. Taste is much of the same, with pretty low bitterness. Very highly carbonated, and the alcohol is well hidden in this one. Not really one of my favorite styles, but I was pleasantly surprised on how tasty it was.

This was my first Belgian style ale. I am almost positive of that. Originally I did not like them, but I am liking them more the more I drink them, which is getting pretty often.

1 comment:

  1. I had this in Spain and thought it was pretty good. It came in a smaller bottle and was 8.5% alcohol. It was a while back, so that's as in depth as my comment can be :p

    Where'd you buy this?

    ReplyDelete