Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4/5
AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 17/20

12 ounce bottle. Pours a nice orange color with a small fairly white head. Very nice lacing on the glass. Taste is of malts with a large hoppy finish. Even with it’s nice hoppiness, it is not overly bitter, though I am a fan of higher IBUs. well balanced and decently carbonated, but not overly so. Finish is fairly smooth with some lingering bitterness. High alcohol is fairly well hidden in this. I will probably pick up another 4 pack of this in the future. Quite delicious.

Ok now the rating and the picture were two different times entirely. I don't know why I didn't get the same head the second time, but it could have been a bit different the first time around. Overall a great beer, but not as hoppy as I really like so that is probably why I didn't rate it higher than 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment