Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bells Pale Ale

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3.4/5

AROMA
6/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 14/20

12 ounce bottle, batch 9979. Pours a very cloudy amber color with a foamy 2 finger white head with very good retention that reduces to a lacing cap. A lot of sediment floats around the glass. Aromas of spicy hops and yeast, with some light citrus and floral with bread. The aroma is quite weak, and I had to really agitate it to get some scent out of it. Taste of spicy hops and light citrus, with a mild finish with a fair amount of bitterness that lingers for a bit. Medium body and carbonation. Overall, a pretty decent pale ale, but I don’t know if I would buy a six pack of it. I would probably get it if I was at a bar or restaurant to have again.

Pretty decent offering, but there are better pale ales out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment