Sunday, January 23, 2011

Avery Mephistopheles Stout

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 17/20

12 ounce bottle, Batch 3, 2007 vintage(I got lucky I guess I bought this in November last year). Pours thick opaque black color with a 1.5 finger dense dark tan head that reduces to a lacing cap. Aromas of strong chocolate, coffee, roasted malts, molasses, caramel, and some dark fruits with some light alcohol. Taste of strong chocolate, coffee, and roasted malts with some caramel. An excellent balance of flavors in this. Some slight alcohol noticed on the drink, and some warming on the finish, but overall very well hidden for 16%. Medium carbonation and full body. Also some good drinkability for the alcohol percentage, I am taking some decent sized sips. Overall this is a great Imperial stout, and the highest ABV stout I have had.

It is not the best Imperial Stout in the world, but still a good contender and full of flavor. I am really surprised that I got a 2007 vintage as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment