Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dove Caramel Pecan Perfection Ice Cream

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We now have a new discovery(for me) in the premium ice cream market. Dove (owned by mars) has a line of premium ice cream pints. I had seen them around, but I never really gave them a second glance in the past, just because I was crazed over Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Dazs. Based on the nutrition facts (300 cals for a serving, on par with some other heavy hitters from BnJ's and HD) I had a feeling this was going to be great. I was right. The interesting thing about this ice cream is that it is covered with a layer of dark chocolate on top, with the logo imprinted. Now, there were some other people I heard from that complained that it was difficult to get into the ice cream. Good thing I always soften my pints up, and it is well worth it. The chocolate on top came off whole and I ate it by hand haha. The ice cream itself is great, very good texture and taste. A fair amount of caramel in here(though we can always have more, am I right haha). Chocolate chunks are well distributed throughout the pint, and chocolate covered pecans are also well distributed, and good sized. Overall this experience has me curious of what else Dove has to offer in their ice cream selection. I shall be searching out more flavors soon.

9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment