Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bells Special Double Cream Stout

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 17/20

12 ounce bottle. Pours dark brown with a nice sized 2 finger tan head with great retention that reduces to a lacing cap that leaves decent lacing. Aromas of chocolate, roasted malts, coffee, licorice, and cream. Taste of dark chocolate with coffee, and vanilla cream alongside it, with a huge lingering roastiness on the finish. Much more malt forward but there is some slight coffee bitterness on the finish. Very creamy feel with medium carbonation and body. Some very slight alcohol warming after the finish. Overall this is a fantastic sweet stout that is packed with flavor, despite only being 6%.

This is a great stout, though it is not as magnificent as I remember it being the first time I had it. I realize there are a lot of high rated beers on my page currently, but I am trying to keep it going as long as possible. I am not a fan of buying bad beers to try (though I have found a liking for some slightly lower rated beers on ratebeer and such).

No comments:

Post a Comment