Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Unibroue Don de Dieu

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 17/20

12 ounce bottle into snifter. Pours cloudy amber color with a 2 finger white head with very good retention that reduces to a lacing cap. Aromas of grapes, apple, spicy yeast, clove and honey. Taste of apple, grapes, honey, and spices, with no bitterness on the finish. The finish is pretty dry, but has some lingering sweetness after the finish. Flavors of this beer are greatly balanced, and the beer goes down really smoothly, even for 9%. The alcohol is not noticed except for a slight warming after the finish. Medium carbonation and body. Overall, this is amazing for a malty beer(as have been the rest of the Unibroue strong beers I have had) I think I am going to need to try the lineup again, because I have a feeling I probably underrated some of the other ones. This is great!

Unibroue definitely has a great lineup, and I will have to give the rest of them another try for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment