Saturday, February 19, 2011

Three Floyds BlackHeart English IPA

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4.3/5

AROMA
8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20

22 ounce bottle. Pours slightly hazy amber-orange color with a 2 finger off white head with amazing retention that reduces to a lacing cap that leaves fantastic glass lacing. Aromas of grapefruit, pine, floral, caramel, and pineapple. Taste of grapefruit, pine, pineapple, and caramel, with a delayed bitterness of citrus and grapefruit, that lingers for a while after the finish, showing a strong use of hops. Very well balanced flavors, and it definitely reminds me of the Dreadnaught DIPA from them. Medium carbonation and a medium-full body. Absolutely no notice of the alcohol content. Overall, this is outstanding, and I really hope they start to distribute back to Ohio, because everything I have had has been a great experience. Delicious.

Another winner from 3 Floyd's. Apparently it is slightly aged on oak, but I didn't detect much if any oak flavor. Regardless, I am pretty sure this is my first oak aged IPA style. Also noticed that the label is much different than what is shown on the beer rating sites, and is probably one of the coolest looking labels I have seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment