Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ben & Jerry's Cake Batter

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pretty simple flavor here. I have not had this one in a while so I decided to give it another shot. Yellow cake batter ice cream with a chocolate frosting swirl is what is in it. The ice cream texture is pretty good here, really smooth, but I softened it and it is still pretty dense and hard to dig into. Some nice cake batter flavor here, The cake batter flavor is overpowered by the chocolate frosting flavor, but I'd say that is fairly acceptable. The frosting has the typical texture of most frosting, fairly dense and creamy stuff. Really strong chocolate flavor as well, overpowering the ice cream as said before. Very nice amount of frosting in the pint as well, I would say about 70/30 ice cream/frosting ratio is here. The frosting is fairly well swirled around, but I did get a huge amount on the top and bottom. I kind of had a taste for some cake batter ice cream today, so I gave this a shot. Definitely hit the spot but was not anything overly outstanding. Definitely a good balance of flavors.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment